Summary: The article shows you the best workaround for editing Canon EOS 70D videos in FCP by transcoding Canon H.264 .mov to FCP native editing format - Apple Prores 422 Codec.
I'm working on a feature on my mac, shot on Canon 70D, and am in the process of converting all my MOV files to manageable ProRes files. But I am unsure how to do this. Can someone give me a basic rundown of the procedure? I would be most appreciative.
This question is from one of my client, if you have used Canon 70D camera and recorded many 1080p videos, then how to ingest Canon 70D mov video into FCP for editing without crashing problem and avoid rendering?
In fact, MOV video format came from Canon 70D is a long GOP format that is highly compressed, which means it is not convenient for editing on Mac with Final Cut Pro. To import Canon EOS 70D 1080P video to Final Cut Pro for editing, the best way is to convert Canon EOS 70D 1080p HD MOV video to Final Cut Pro native Apple Prores .mov video on Mac.
Mac Canon h.264 MOV Converter is a professional HD video converter for you to easily convert Canon 70D 1080P video to Apple ProRes 422 so that you can easily import the Canon h.264 recordings to Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Pro 6, Final Cut Pro 7 for editing on Mac. This will help you import the file correctly and saving the rendering time.
Breaking news: Pavtube has started the 2013 Christmas Crazy Discount, if you get HD Video Converter for Mac, you can get DVD Creator for Mac free which can help you to burn Canon mov footage to DVD on Mac with ease. Never miss!
Below is a brief guide for you.
How to import Canon EOS 70D H.264 MOV footage to Final Cut Pro on Mac?
1. Free Download and run the best Canon H.264 MOV converterand drag 70D MOV files to the software.
2. Click format bar to choose output format for use in FCP 6/7 or FCP X. For editing Nikon MOV on Mac, you can choose Apple ProRes 422 for FCP.
Here listed the main difference of the five ProRes codecs.
a. ProRes 422 (HQ): offers the utmost possible quality for 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 sources and provides target data rate of approximately 220 Mbps and higher quality than Apple ProRes 422;
b. ProRes 422: provides target data rate of approximately 145 Mbps and higher quality than Apple ProRes 422 (LT);
c. ProRes 422 (LT): provides roughly 70 percent of the data rate of Apple ProRes 422 (thus, smaller file sizes than Apple ProRes 422) and higher quality than ProRes 422 (Proxy);
Learn how to convert Canon EOS 70D H.264 MOV to ProRes 422 LT for FCP X
d. ProRes 422 (Proxy): provides roughly 30 percent of the data rate of Apple ProRes 422 and high-quality offline editing at the original frame size, frame rate, and aspect ratio;
e. ProRes 4444: offers the utmost possible quality for 4:4:4 sources and roughly 50 percent higher than the data rate of Apple ProRes 422 (HQ).
Step 4. You can click "settings" to customize the output parameters, adjust the resolution, bitrate as you want.
Note 1: You are allowed to adjust output video and video parameters. However, if you have no idea about profile setting, keep it as original recordings will provide you the files with less quality loss, and keep default settings is also a good choice for your to get a high quality files.
Note 2: In order to get customized videos, you can add subtitles to your own videos.
The free Subtitle Edit will help you to edit your own subtitles then put it into videos.
Read More: Subtitle FAQs: Free permanently attach subtitles to videos/movies
3. Click convert button in the main interface to start converting Canon 70D H.264 MOV videos to Prores for FCP.
Some more helpful features of the app:
1. Settings- Click to adjust the output parameters, such as resolution, frame rate, etc, customize the parameters as you want.
2. Editor (next to "Add" icon)- click to set deinterlace, denoise, mute, volume up, trim, crop, etc.
After converting the MOV to ProRes format, you can easily import/edit Canon EOS 70D h.264 mov files in Final Cut Pro 6/7 or FCP X smoothly on Mac.
1. Before you try to do the conversion, if you are also a FCP X user, please make sure that you have installed the Apple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.
2. This Mac Canon MOV Video Converter can convert mov video to Prores with retaining timecode for FCP.
Refer to the picture below to see how this cool mac H.264 converting tool keep the timecode for FCP. It is not difficult to find that the timecode is kept.
3. Pavtube HD Video Converter can also convert Canon 70D mov videos to iMovie and FCE, Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, DaVinci Resolve, Apple Aperture 3 and After Effects CS6 with good quality, just download the and have a try.
And you can get more info about how to import video to FCP (X) on pavtube website.
View Christmas Giveaway and Promotion 2013 to Get Free, $9.9, Buy One Get One Free and Up to 66% off Blu-ray/DVD/HD Video/iTunes Converters for tablet or smartphone. Never miss!!!
- Jumlah posting : 395
Registration date : 2013-01-24
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum