SUFI TAUHID FILOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MXF Converter for Canon XF100 - Transcode XF100 MXF to Apple ProRes for FCP (X)

Go down

MXF Converter for Canon XF100 - Transcode XF100 MXF to Apple ProRes for FCP (X)  Empty MXF Converter for Canon XF100 - Transcode XF100 MXF to Apple ProRes for FCP (X)

Post  lydia520622 Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:23 am

Summary: The Final Cut Pro (X) won't import Canon XF100 MXF clips. The easy workaround is to convert MXF to Apple ProRes codec for FCP (X) editing smoothly. Below is how.

Q: I have a Canon XF100. Being strictly an amateur, I would like to avoid the expense of full blown NLEs such as Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Final Cut Express. that can handle Canon’s MXF files. So here’s my question: What formats can I convert to and still get 100%, high quality/top quality HD video that would be equal to the video I would get with any of the aforementioned editors? Many thanks in advance for any response!

Anyway, don't be anxious. At first, let’s know something about MXF, OK? What is mxf? And what format is the best to be converted to for editing?

Currently, there’re two basic MXF types: One is those where the essence (media) is stored in the same file as the metadata that refers to it. The other is that where the essence is stored in separate files to the metadata, while these files have External essence.

Take the below two cams for examples:

Let’s see Canon XF100. In the folder of AA0230, the essence is the AA023001.MXF, while the other files like AA0230.CIF, AA0230.CPF, AA0230.THM, AA0230.XML, AA023001.SIF is unimportant. AA023001.MXF can be separated for archiving.

The other is P2. From the below pictures, you can see video and audio files are separated in different folders. And also, it’s no difficult to find one video will have four audio tracks. For archiving, you need to keep the whole structure of video and audio.

MXF is a self-container format which is unacceptable by various non-linear editing systems (NLE), like Final Cut Pro (FCP 6/7/X), Sony Vegas, Avid Media Composer, Premiere, etc. In order to import the MXF clips from Canon XF100 to FCP, the easy workaround is to transcode MXF files to Final Cut Pro (X) native formats (Apple ProRes encoded .mov is highly recommended). Along with some help from a top MXF Converter for Mac, it can be done. To help those who wanna edit Canon XF100 MXF files in FCP without problems, here I share with you a simple guide on how to convert MXF files to Apple ProRes MOV format for Final Cut Pro editing flawlessly.

First of all, downloading the App- Brorsoft MXF Converter for Mac

Overall, the program is a professional yet easy-to-use MXF to MOV Converter on Mac OS X which can not only convert XF100, Canon C300, XF105 and XF305, Panasonic P2 recorded MXF files to Apple ProRes codec videos for Mac editing, but also provide simple video editing functions for you. The mac MXF to ProRes Converter can convert HD videos from HD camcorders or DVs (like JVC, Panasonic, Sony and Cannon) for editing in Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Express, iMovie, Avid MC, Adobe Premiere Pro etc. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to get the work done.

Guide: Transcoding Canon XF100 MXF files to ProRes for Final Cut Pro 6/7/X

Step 1: Import MXF files from your XF100 to the MXF to FCP Converter Mac.

Note: Before conversion, you need to transfer MXF files from your Canon XF100 to Mac Hard Drive, then click the "add files" button to browse to import MXF videos.

Step 2. Click the format bar, and move mouse cursor to "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output format.

Step 3. Click "Convert" button to start transcoding XF100 mxf files to Apple ProRes MOV for FCP 6/7/X under Mac OS.

Some more helpful features of the Free Mac MXF to ProRes Converter:

1. Settings- click to set video resolution(1920×1080/1440×1080/1280×720/720×480), bitrate(from 1Mbps to 20Mbps), frame rate (24p/30p)

2. Editor (next to "Add" icon)- click to set deinterlace, denoise, mute, volume up, trim, crop, etc

Once the MXF to ProRes 422 conversion is done, you can transfer Canon XF100 MXF footage into Final Cut Pro (X) for editing smoothly on Mac with ease.

lydia622520.tumblr.com/post/48759089313/mxf-to-prores-mov-how-to-convert-canon-xf100-mxf-to

lydia520622

Jumlah posting : 424
Registration date : 2013-03-21

Back to top Go down