SUFI TAUHID FILOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quotes agaist God

Go down

Quotes agaist God Empty Quotes agaist God

Post  Merpati Putih Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:26 pm

God is a concept by which we measure our pain.
- John Lennon

We need more understanding of human nature, because
the only real danger that exists is man himself.
- Carl Gustav Jung

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.
- Susan B. Anthony

If the gods listened to the prayers of men, all humankind would quickly perish since they constantly pray for many evils to befall one
another.
- Epicurus

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God? - Epicurus

God Himself, sir, does not propose to judge a man until his life is over. Why should you and I?
- Samuel Johnson

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
- Galileo

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
- Marquis De Sade

God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.
- Voltaire

God is the great mysterious motivator of what we call nature and it has been said often by philosophers, that nature is the will of God
. And, I prefer to say that nature is the only body of God that we shall ever see.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee
And I'll forgive Thy great big one on me.
- Robert Frost

To know a person's religion we need not listen to his profession of faith but must find his brand of intolerance.
- Eric Hoffer

If I were personally to define religion, I would say that it is a bandage that man has invented to protect a soul made bloody by circustance.
- Theodore Dreiser

A country dominated by televangelism would be unrecognizable to the Founding Fathers, who envisioned religion as personal and spiritua, not social and political. No particular variety of religion was intended to control the political agenda, to set the community's mo
ral tone or to judge who are the true believers and members of our society. But this is precisely the objective of the electric church
- Razelle Frankel

My faith is that the only soul a man must save is his own.
- William Orville Douglas

England has forty-two religions and only two sauces.
- Voltaire

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to the garage makes you a car.
- Laurence J. Peter

I think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability.
- Oscar Wilde

If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex?
- Art Hoppe

Since no one really knows anything about God,
those who think they do are just
troublemakers

Rabia Al-Basri
Merpati Putih
Merpati Putih
Admin

Jumlah posting : 2463
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down