SUFI TAUHID FILOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work with Canon C100 Mark II AVCHD in iMovie

Go down

Work with Canon C100 Mark II AVCHD in iMovie  Empty Work with Canon C100 Mark II AVCHD in iMovie

Post  Alisa16 Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:40 pm

Work with Canon C100 Mark II AVCHD in iMovie  Avchd-in-imovie

Work with Canon C100 Mark II AVCHD in iMovie

Summary: Having "unrecognized format" issue while importing Canon C100 Mark II AVCHD to iMovie? If you are looking for a way to make the workflow between Canon C100 Mark II and iMovie more smoothly, you may have interest in this article.

Canon's second-generation C100 Mark II digital video camera is being positioned as an affordable solution for video and film production, featuring dual codec capability to process simultaneous AVCHD and MP4 recording, including 59.94P capture along with slow and fast motion recording.

Most consumers are happy with the C100 Mark II for its new design and performance upgrades, but for some reason people may run into unexpected incompatibility issues while editing C100 Mark II AVCHD footage on Mac through iMovie or FCE. "As a Mac lover and user I appreciate iMovie and would use it to edit footage downloaded from a Canon C100 Mark II digital video camera. My problem is that, my colleague shot video files in both MP4 mode and AVCHD mode. I have no problem with MP4 recordings, but have issues while using C100 Mark II AVCHD footage in iMovie, especially files at 60p (59.94 fps). They are very buggy. Do I need to convert these files to another format or how do I import them to iMovie so I can edit them flawlessly? Can anyone give me some suggestions if you are using a similar (or same) Canon video camera? Video specs are 1920*1080, 28 Mbps at 59.94p and 1920 *1080, 24 Mbps at 23.98p. Many thanks in advance."

In fact, AVCHD is a high compressed codec and it's not a good editing format for many video editing software, including iMovie. iMovie and FCE are pretty picky about the video they use, and they cannot handle 60p AVCHD files well. If you want to bring in 60p AVCHD clips that you've got from Canon C100 Mark II, you need to first convert AVCHD to Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) MOV, a format that is full compatible with iMovie/FCE on your Mac.

It's clearly that AIC is iMovie's favorite editing codec, which iMovie will read and handle well. In this way, you can expect a fast and fluid workflow between C100 Mark II AVCHD and iMovie. The process is surprisingly easy and can be done with the help of Pavtube MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac. By running it, there's no need to set the codec by yourself; the Mac program has optimized presets for iMovie. Besides, the program is developed with some useful editing features, including merging several clips into one for easy importing, downsizing the files for editing and storage, adding text/image/video to original files, adding subtitles, replacing original audio tracks, etc.

Here is a step-by-step tutorial for you to figure out your AVCHD MTS footage to iMovie problem:

Step 1: Import Canon C100 Mark II files to Mac MTS Converter. Run it as the best Mac MTS Converter, and click the "Add video" button to load your original files. You may also directly drag and drop files to application UI for importing files.

Step 2: Click the "Format" bar to get the drop-down menu and you can get "iMovie and Final Cut Express>>Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)" as the best output format.

Step 3: Click "Settings" button to customize the output video and audio settings by yourself. But if you are not good at it, you'd better use the default parameters, they will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically. You can change the resolution, bit rate, frame rate as you need.

Step 4: When everything is ready, click "Convert" to start converting C100 Mark II AVCHD MTS to AIC MOV. This Mac MTS/M2TS Converter supports batch conversion so you may load multiple files and convert them at one time.

Conclusion: After converting, you can get the generated files by clicking "Open" button. Now, you can edit Canon C100 Mark II AVCHD footage in iMovie freely.

Good news! Pavtube Bundles Deals are coming! It's a time for taking a break from work and relaxing. And now you can enjoy your colorful time with good featured products at"Pavtube Bundles Deals". Go ahead and click the link to get your coupon. Save up to $44.1!Never miss!!!
MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac($29) + MXF Converter for Mac($29) = Only $29.9
MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac($29) + MKV Converter for Mac($29) = Only $29.9
MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac($29) + FLV/F4V Converter for Mac($29) = Only $29.9
iMixMXF($45) + HD Video Converter for Mac($35) = Only $54.9 .....

Source: http://mediaconverting.blogspot.com/2015/07/work-with-avchd-in-imovie.html

Alisa16

Jumlah posting : 395
Registration date : 2013-01-24

Back to top Go down