SUFI TAUHID FILOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Workflow for Canon XF300 MXF clips working with Avid Media Composer

Go down

Best Workflow for Canon XF300 MXF clips working with Avid Media Composer  Empty Best Workflow for Canon XF300 MXF clips working with Avid Media Composer

Post  lydia520622 Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:10 pm

Summary: From this article below, you can learn the best way to import Canon XF300 MXF footage into Avid Media Composer on Mac by transcoding the Canon MXF to DNxHD for Avid MC.

The XF300 Professional Camcorder represents Canon's entry into professional solid state video acquisition. It supports MPEG-2 4:2:2 codec--to record Full HD video (MXF) to affordable Compact Flash cards. In this article, we aim to share some tips and tricks to solve the Canon XF300 workflow on Mac like how to import Canon XF300 MXF to Avid Media Composer under Mac OS X smoothly. If you met any
brorsoft.com/how-to/transcode-canon-mxf-to-avid-dnxhd-mov.html
Canon MXF to Avid MC importing/editing issues
like the below user had, go through the page to find the solution.

Q1: I've been working Avid for years... always worked well and happened pretty fast. But I have an hour-long clip (an interview) shot with my new Canon XF300, and it's taking forever to import into Avid (v.6.2). A bit more info, in case it pertains:

Q2: I first exported the clip from Canon XF300 CF card to a hard drive (on my MacBook Pro). The export happens very quickly, but the import of this clip into Avid doesn't seem to want to happen. Any easy fix to import Canon XF300 files into Avid MC?

What caused the problems? As we know, actually MPEG-2 4:2:2 codec and MXF format cannot be natively imported by many professional video editing application including the Avid Media Composer. So, it will be a bit hard when importing Canon XF video footage with Avid MC. While, things can be different if you get some help from third-party software Brorsoft
brorsoft.com/mxf-converter-mac/index.html
MXF Converter for Mac

Overall, the program is a professional yet easy-to-use MXF Converter on Mac OS X, which can not only convert Canon XF300 MXF files to DNxHD codec videos for Mac editing, but also provides simple video editing functions for you. This Mac MXF Converter can also transcode MXF videos from Canon C300, XF100, XF105, XF305, Panasonic P2 cameras for editing in Final Cut Pro 6/7, Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Express, iMovie, Avid MC, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc on Mac OS X(Lion and Mountain Lion included). If you are on Windows, please get Brorsoft
brorsoft.com/mxf-converter/index.html
MXF Converter. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to get the work done.

Guide: Transcoding Canon XF300 MXF files for editing in Avid Media Composer on Mac

Source From:
Convert Canon XF300 MXF footage to DNxHD .mov for Avid MC

Step 1: Import video files from your Canon XF300 to the MXF to Avid MC Converter Mac.

Note: Before conversion, you need to transfer MXF files from your Canon XF300 to Mac Hard Drive, then click the "Add files" button to browse to import MXF videos.

Best Workflow for Canon XF300 MXF clips working with Avid Media Composer  Canon-mxf-to-avid-mac-steps

Step 2: Click on "Format", and select output format from the drop-down list. Follow "Avid Media Composer" > Avid DHxHD (*.mov)”.

Best Workflow for Canon XF300 MXF clips working with Avid Media Composer  Panasonic-gf5-video-format

Step 3: Click "Convert" button to start converting Canon XF300 mxf files to Avid DHxHD .mov for Media Composer under Mac OS X.

Tip: Some more helpful features of the
brorsoft.com/mxf-converter-mac/index.html
Mac MXF to MOV Converter:

1. Settings- Click "Settings" button if you’d like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels.

2. Editor (next to "Add" icon)- click to set deinterlace, add watermark, trim, crop, etc.

Once the Canon MXF Mac conversion is done, you can transfer XF300 MXF footage into Avid Media Composer 5/5.5/6/6.5 for editing smoothly on Mac with ease.

If you have problems when importing or editing your Canon, Sony, Panasonic etc, camera video files, you can check out "
brorsoft.com/video-camera-tips.html
Brorsoft Camcorder/Camera Importing Tips" or "
brorsoft.com/fcp-imovie-fce-idvd-video-editors.html
FCE, FCP, iMovie Column" to get your solutions.

See more MXF Related tutorials:

brorsoft.com/how-to/canon-xf-plugin-for-final-cut-pro-faqs-anwsers.html
FAQ & Answers: Canon XF Plugin for Final Cut Pro (X)
brorsoft.com/how-to/transcode-canon-mxf-to-avid-dnxhd-mov.html
Transcoding Canon MXF footage to DNxHD for Avid MC
brorsoft.com/how-to/solve-canon-c300-mxf-to-adobe-premiere-pro-cs6-issues-mac.html
Solve Canon C300 MXF to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 issues
brorsoft.com/how-to/import-canon-xf300-to-fcpx-mac-mountain-lion.html
Import Canon XF300 MXF files to FCP X on Mac OS X
brorsoft.com/how-to/convert-canon-c500-mxf-to-prores-for-fcp.html
Convert Canon C500 MXF files to ProRes 422 for FCP 6/7 on Mac
brorsoft.com/how-to/import-canon-xf305-mxf-to-imovie-mac.html
Import Canon XF305 MXF to FCP on Mac
brorsoft.com/how-to/import-xf105-1080i-mxf-to-fcp7-mac.html
Import Canon XF105 1080i MXF Footages to FCP without XF Utilities
lydia-file-transferring.jimdo.com/2013/08/18/canon-xf-to-premiere-pro-workflow-canon-xf300-into-adobe-premiere-pro-cs6/
Importing MXF video from Canon XF300 to Premiere Pro CS6
pc-mac-files-transferring-and-editing.blogspot.com/2013/08/sony-nex-55n-avchd-20-imovie-transcode.html
Getting HD movies from Sony NEX-5/5N to iMovie
lydia622520.rollr.com/posts/canon-t3i-and-imovieconvertimport-t3i600d-1080p-mov-into-imovie
Convert Canon T3i/600D footage for editing in iMovie

lydia520622

Jumlah posting : 424
Registration date : 2013-03-21

Back to top Go down