SUFI TAUHID FILOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Prepare GoPro video files for Editing in iMovie on Mac

Go down

How to Prepare GoPro video files for Editing in iMovie on Mac  Empty How to Prepare GoPro video files for Editing in iMovie on Mac

Post  lydia520622 Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Summary: Facing issues when importing and editing GoPro MP4 files in iMovie '11/08/09? If so, follow the quick-start guide to learn how to prepare GoPro videos for editing in iMovie without quality loss.

Summary: The article shows you the best workaround for editing GoPro videos in iMovie by transcoding GoPro MP4 to iMovie native editing format - Apple Intermediate Codec.

How to Prepare GoPro video files for Editing in iMovie on Mac  Gopro-footage-to-imovie

GoPro video cameras like Surf Hero, Hero 960, HD Hero 2, HD Hero 3, etc are familiar with everyone whoever has passion for outdoor activities. The piont here, you will find it a pianful experience to import and
brorsoft.com/how-to/import-gopro-hd-mp4-files-in-imovie-11.html
edit GoPro HD fotoage with iMovie software. There’re some frequently asked questions quoted as below.

Q1: iMovie Won't Import MP4 Files from my Gopro
For some reason iMovie '11 won't let me import videos. Specifically, I'm trying to add MP4 files that I copied to my hard drive from my GoPro HD 960. For GoPro users, I used the R2 (720p) format. They open properly in QuickTime and VLC but can't be imported into iMovie (or iPhoto). When I select File-->Import-->Movies and browse to the directory where I saved all the .mp4 files on my hard drive, they're all greyed out. Any ideas? This is incredibly frustrating!'

Q2: GoPro video importing as poor quality into iMovie. HELP!
I used a GoPro Hero 3 to film a vacation and I am importing clips into iMovie to create a "music video," but the video is importing at a very poor quality. The video plays fine outside of iMovie. How do I fix this?

As you know, the GoPro cameras record in MPEG-4 and outputs its files as .MP4 files (the container). Files are compressed using the h.264 codec (as opposed to AAC or Xvid and DivX usually found in .AVI containers). So the files you are getting out of GoPro HD are suited to be delivered as is, which is usually not what you want. The GoPro HD being an “always-on” type of camera worn on your helmet, attached to your bike, surfboard or other, you usually end up with long sequences of footage you then need to edit down.

Since the MP4 codec is a final delivery codec it is not one you want to use for editing. To solve these problems, the quick workaround is to convert GoPro MP4 files to iMovie natively supported formats( Apple Intermediate Codec is highly recommended). Along with some help from third-party software, it can be done effortlessly. Here I share a simple guide on how to transcode GoPro HD MP4 files for iMovie 08/09/'11 editing smoothly. If you're facing the issues, read on to find the answer.

First of all, download the App- Brorsoft
brorsoft.com/video-converter-mac/index.html
Video Converter Mac

Overall, the program is an easy-to-use yet all-in-one video conversion app which can be used as a GoPro camera video converer under OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.Cool. It is free, clean and safe to install and use. With it, you can effortlessly transcode GoPro MP4 to Apple Intermediate Codec, which will create an iMovie friendly file format keeping the Gopro orginal quality. Besides iMovie, this software can also export DNxHD for Avid, MPEG-2 for Sony Vegas, Premiere Element, AVI for Pinnacle Studio, ProRes for FCP, more NLE systems for native editing. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to get the work done.

Convert/Import GoPro HD MP4 files into iMovie

Step 1: Add Gopro MP4 video files

Install and launch the
brorsoft.com/video-converter-mac/index.html
GoPro HD MP4 converter and load source MP4 clips to it.

How to Prepare GoPro video files for Editing in iMovie on Mac  Mkv-to-fcpx-steps

Step 2: Choose output format

Hit the "Format" bar and select iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple InterMediate Codec(*.mov) as output format on the drop-down menu.

How to Prepare GoPro video files for Editing in iMovie on Mac  Imovie-video-format

Tip - Profile Settings:
In case the default settings do not fit your requirement, you can click “Settings" button and enter “Profile Settings" panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels.

Step 3: Start GoPro MP4 to iMovie AIC conversion

Click “Convert" button to start encoding Gopro HD MP4 video to Apple InterMediate Codec for importing to iMovie 08/09/11. When the conversion task is finished, click “Open" button to get the exported files and then import the converted GoPro MP4 files into iMovie to do further editing without problems.

Additional Tips:
If you want to edit GoPro video in Final Cut Pro X or FCP 7/6, you just need to choose the "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output format in the second step; For Avid Media Composer, choose "Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD(*.mov)" as output; For Adobe Premiere Pro or Vegas Pro, choose Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as output.

GoPro Video Preparing Quick-Start Guides for Editing:

brorsoft.com/how-to/convert-transfer-gopro-hero3-mp4-files-to-avid-media-composer6-mac.html
GoPro and Avid MC workflow |
brorsoft.com/how-to/import-gopro-hero3-h264-mp4-to-fcp7-mac.html
GoPro to FCP 7 Workflow |
brorsoft.com/how-to/import-gopro-footage-to-adobe-premiere-pro.html
GoPro files and Premiere Pro |
brorsoft.com/how-to/get-pinnacle-studio-editing-gopro-footage.html
GoPro MP4 in Pinnacle Studio |
brorsoft.com/how-to/use-gopro-videos-in-windows-movie-maker.html
GoPro footage editing with Windows Movie Maker

More Articles:

androidiosconvertertips.altervista.org/blog/canon-vixia-hf-r42-avchd-to-prores-422-lossless-conversion-for-fcp-67x/
Canon Vixia HF R42 and Final Cut Pro Importing Workflow
pc-mac-files-transferring-and-editing.blogspot.com/2013/07/avid-mxf-converter-transcode-canon.html
Best way for Editing Canon MXF clips in Avid Media Composer
hdcamcorderconverttips.altervista.org/blog/avid-media-composer-importing-gopro-hero-hd-videos-without-audio-video-issues/
How to Get Avid MC work with GoPro camera video files
jacknjchn.tumblr.com/post/54636572574/fcp-set-up-to-import-sony-pdw-f800-xdcam
FCP set up to Import Sony PDW-F800 XDCAM footage
lauralily10.tumblr.com/post/54637326369/help-with-xf-305-and-xf-300-in-sony-vegas-transcoding
Transcoding Canon XF305/XF300 50Mbps MXF to Sony Vegas Pro
hot-devices-and-hdcamcorders-tips.blogspot.com/2013/07/4k-camcorder-video-converter-transcode.html
How to edit 4K video in Final Cut Pro 7 and FCP X smoothly
lydia622520.tumblr.com/post/54638611136/converting-nikon-1j1-1j2-1j3-mov-footage-to-apple
Cannot import MOV video off of Nikon 1J1/1J2/1J3 to FCP X/7
Source:
How to Prepare GoPro video files for Editing in iMovie on Mac

lydia520622

Jumlah posting : 424
Registration date : 2013-03-21

Back to top Go down